Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.
My Rating(out of 5 stars): 5
Genre: Paranormal, Young Adult, Fiction
My Overview: For several months, I had been putting off reading this book, and boy, do I regret it. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer written by Michelle Hodkin was a breathtaking story (literally had me holding my breath A LOT) about a girl named Mara who experiences a very traumatic accident, that may or may not have actually been an accident. The whole story really revolves around Mara trying to move on from her past, except she can’t. For some reason, she keeps having creepy visions that seem too real to be visions at all and the reoccurring nightmares don’t help either. With all of this going on inside her head, there’s also, of course, the super hot british love interest, Noah. Does he love her back? I’d tell you but I don’t want to spoil it, so go read it! Anyways, there are also some frame stories happening in Mara’s story. Her father is a lawyer, who is carrying out a case that causes Mara to be slightly unhinged (as if she wasn’t already). Then, there’s the story behind the entire story of her friends’ death. Plus, because there must be more, there’s also just Mara’s general story of her trying to figure herself out. The book is very intriguing, HOWEVER, it is definitely a book you need to give yourself time to read. I do NOT recommend this book to be one you pick up to skim through. Every detail in this book is well needed, and deserves your full attention. But, if you are looking for a kind-of thrilling psychological tale, then The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is perfect for you! I know I thoroughly enjoyed it (read it in one sitting), and I’ve been begging everyone to get me the sequel, The Evolution of Mara Dyer, for Christmas.
I hope my review persuaded you to go read this fantastic book and please be sure to comment below some of the things you loved and/or hated about this book. I always love reading you all’s opinions!
Jinapher J. Hoffman
Purchase The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer Now! Just click on the book below for Amazon prices!
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin – paperback – 30 RON (caaarti.wordpress.com)
- TBR Thursday: Michelle Hodkin (booknook96.wordpress.com)
- Waiting on The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) by Michelle Hodkin (kimberlyfayereads.wordpress.com)
- Rereading: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin (readinginwinter.com)
- Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (pandaheartsbooks.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (themoodyreader.wordpress.com)
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Book 1 in the Mara Dyer Trilogy) (lemonandtangeliene.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer#1) by Michelle Hodkin (alotlikedreaming.wordpress.com)